‘Like me’: a foundation for social cognition
Andrew N. Meltzoff. Dev Sci. 2007 January ; 10(1): 126–134.
How we see others: the psychobiology of schemas and transference. Stein, D. J. (2009). CNS Spectrums, 14(1), 10-3.
Emotions promote social interaction by synchronizing
brain activity across individuals
Lauri Nummenmaa, Enrico Glerean, Mikko Viinikainen, Iiro P. Jääskeläinen, Riitta Hari, and Mikko Sams
PNAS June 12, 2012 vol. 109/no. 24 9599–9604
The challenge of translation in social neuroscience: a review of oxytocin, vasopressin, and affiliative behavior.
Insel, T. R. (2010). Neuron, 65(6), 768-79.
A Memory Systems Model of Implicit Social Cognition.
Amodio, D. M., & Ratner, K. G. (2011).
Current Directions in Psychological Science, 20(3), 143-148.
- What is Hate? >
The Roots of Hate
- Early Imprints >
- What Are We Doing To Our Children? >
- Effects of Trauma and Abuse >
- Causes and Effects of Bullying
- Trauma, bigotry, violence linked
- Authoritarian Upbringings >
- Absolutism and Insularity >
- Papers: Early Roots of Prejudice
- Impaired Cognition >
- The Violent Brain >
- Roots of Violence and Cruelty >
- Ghosts of the Past >
How Hate Manifests
- Hate in the News >
- Social Defenses >
- Fanning the Flames >
How We Fool Ourselves
Brain and Belief
- Search for Certainty >
- Index: All Biases, Distortions and Influences
- Overview of Topics
- Enhancing Emotional and Social Skills >
Building Reflective Minds
- Cross-cultural Awareness >
- Media Awareness >
- Teaching an Honest History >
- Civic Engagement and Social Responsibility >
- Ethics Training >
- Whole Child Learning >
- Social Support and Inclusion >
- Helping Children in Dire Conditions >
- Preventing Violence and Bullying >
- Standing Up To Prejudice, Racism, and Bigotry >
- Training Our Protectors >
- Healing the Hurt >
- Educating Our Leaders >
- Resolving Conflict >
- Israel-Palestine >
- Promoting Dignity >
- Healing the Ghosts of the Past >
- Restorative Justice >
- Confronting Mass Atrocities >
- Social Advances >
- More Solutions >