Low Cortisol and Risk for PTSD in Adult Offspring
of Holocaust Survivors
Rachel Yehuda, Linda M. Bierer, James Schmeidler, Daniel H. Aferiat, Ilana Breslau, Susan Dolan.Am J Psychiatry 2000; 157:8. 1252–1259
Post-conflict mental health needs: a cross-sectional survey of trauma, depression and associated factors in Juba, Southern Sudan.
Roberts, B., Damundu, E. Y., Lomoro, O., & Sondorp, E. (2009). BMC psychiatry, 9, 7.
Long-term consequences of traumatic experiences: an assessment of former political detainees in Romania.
Bichescu, D., Schauer, M., Saleptsi, E., Neculau, A., Elbert, T., & Neuner, F. (2005). Clinical practice and epidemiology in mental health: 1(1), 17.
Is There a Right to Forget? Historical Injustices, Race, Memory, and Identity.
Streich, G. W. (2002). New Political Science, Volume 24, Number 4.
Psychologic scars remain 50 years after Dieppe raid, study of Canadian veterans finds.
Spears, (1995). T. CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association journal 153(9), 1324-6.
Measuring the True Costs of War: Consensus and Controversy
Muggah R (2011) Measuring the True Costs of War: Consensus and Controversy. PLoS Med 8(2): e1000417.doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.1000417
The Dirty War Index: A Public Health and Human Rights Tool for Examining and Monitoring Armed Conflict Outcomes
Hicks MH-R, Spagat M (2008) The Dirty War Index: A Public Health and Human Rights Tool for Examining and Monitoring Armed Conflict Outcomes. PLoS Med 5(12): e243. doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.0050243
Health Care Systems and Conflict: A Fragile State of Affairs
The PLoS Medicine Editors (2011) Health Care Systems and Conflict: A Fragile State of Affairs. PLoS Med 8(7): e1001065.doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.1001065
- What is Hate? >
The Roots of Hate
- Early Imprints >
- What Are We Doing To Our Children? >
- Effects of Trauma and Abuse >
- Causes and Effects of Bullying
- Trauma, bigotry, violence linked
- Authoritarian Upbringings >
- Absolutism and Insularity >
- Papers: Early Roots of Prejudice
- Impaired Cognition >
- The Violent Brain >
- Roots of Violence and Cruelty >
- Ghosts of the Past >
How Hate Manifests
- Hate in the News >
- Social Defenses >
- Fanning the Flames >
How We Fool Ourselves
Brain and Belief
- Search for Certainty >
- Index: All Biases, Distortions and Influences
- Overview of Topics
- Enhancing Emotional and Social Skills >
Building Reflective Minds
- Cross-cultural Awareness >
- Media Awareness >
- Teaching an Honest History >
- Civic Engagement and Social Responsibility >
- Ethics Training >
- Whole Child Learning >
- Social Support and Inclusion >
- Helping Children in Dire Conditions >
- Preventing Violence and Bullying >
- Standing Up To Prejudice, Racism, and Bigotry >
- Training Our Protectors >
- Healing the Hurt >
- Educating Our Leaders >
- Resolving Conflict >
- Israel-Palestine >
- Promoting Dignity >
- Healing the Ghosts of the Past >
- Restorative Justice >
- Confronting Mass Atrocities >
- Social Advances >
- More Solutions >